Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My New Job!!!!

As all of you know I have been a sports fanatic my whole life. I also listen to alot of self help CD's. They encourage going after your biggest dream. Well my dream job would be being a GM for a NFL Football Team. Well obviously I have no experience. Back in December I submitted to the Detroit Lions a report. The first part of the report is a in depth analysis of the past 10 years worth of Super Bowl Teams showing trends of defensese and offenses among other things. For example Pittsburgh and New England both run a 3-4 defense. Coincidence!? The second part was basically a sales pitch of how someone from a project mgt background could bring some organization to a NFL Team. Well someone actually read this report and I had a meeting last week with Martin Mayhew ( GM of the Lions). We talked for just over 2 hours. I could hardly believe it. I thanked him for reading my report and talking to me and then wished him well for the upcoming season. I never really thought I would ever get a chance to talk to someone let alone get a job offer but yesterday I got a call and soon thereafter a e mailed offer to work as an assitstant to Martin Mayhew. I still have to take a physical but once my results have been received I will begin my employment with the Lions. This seems almost like a dream but it is happening. Please wish me success in my new career.

No comments:

Post a Comment